It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:40 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:57 am 
BBE g33k

My gearbox cracked :evil: ....this sucks....i have to get a progearbox for 90 bux or so....

However, my gun still shoots but half the distance (it still makes ouches :P )

Last edited by [BBE] FOX on Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:51 pm 
BBE g33k

Thanks to SNAKE, my gun is now operable. SNAKE put his old gearbox on my gun for temporary fix. However, we have a feeling that there is something wrong with the "bore-up kit" the piston o-ring seems to fit loosely into the cylender which might be causing lower FPS (replacement of the o-ring might be possible). We kronographed it at 338fps which was not what it was at before the gearbox broke (it was shooting approx. 400fps+/-)

Snake also upgraded the barrel to a promithyus (however you spell it) tight bore barrel. Hopefully this will increase the accuracy at a further distance.

I have yet to see what kind of result it will give us. Hopefully, today we will have a conclusion for it.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:03 pm 
Admin
Admin

the precision barrel should also cause a higher FPS, meaning that your piston really is causeing an insane FPS drop. imagine the FPS if you didn't add a precision barrel :P

so you got an IP I am not interested in. I don't care for your ISP either. You will probably be running some OS and using some browser. I could write a script telling me all that stuff and showing it off here but i'm too busy shagging these playmates and enjoying what I call life.

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:40 am 
BBE g33k

ok....now snake took out the bore up kit and replaced it with the old cylinder. For a few shots it was ok....untill the piston head locked in place (which made the gun sound like the battery was dead). When we took it apart, the piston head was very loose and he applied lock tight to fix it.

ummm i dont know why the gearbox shell broke in the 1st place but...we have an m100 spring in there which we will replace with a m130 when we get an upgraded gearbox shell. What we were also thining, was that the spring could have compressed and caused it to loose tention. maybe thats why the gearbox broke?? (however i always make it a habit to decompress my spring by firing 1-2 shots b4 i put it away....but since you cant see into the gun you cant tell if it expands or stays coiled up)....anyways....

i wonder why the gearboxes are cracking towards the front. this is the second one. plus this one that is now in there....it has some very small cracks (hair size) too so i dont know how much that one will last.

What is the difference between the upgraded gearboxes to the stock?

OfflineProfile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:24 am 
BBE g33k

alright, snake got a new reinforced gearbox by classic army. We were thinking about the ProGearbox but, insufficent funds and the availability of it was its demise.

We also picked up a guarder spring (fps=400-410~).

Snake also equiped my rifle with the SD kit. which is what we had it as initially a while back....but we went back to the m933 for the remainding time.

All snake has to do know is install the gearbox and spring and its done. The only problem we saw with the gearbox shell was that it had small curved corners at the front end where all gearboxes usually crack and break.....Does anyone know if that is normal? or is it defective?

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]